Friday 9 December 2011

Take that, bitches!

And just who spoke this epic phrase?
My daughter, that's who!
This little dialog happened while we were playing a video game (Skylanders, again, I fear).
But this is nothing.  Nothing at all.
The real shock was yet to come, in the form of..."kill those little f__kers!"
No sugar coating, just came out as natural as breathing.
Upon admonishment for use of this particular word (one of which grandma would be particularly appalled to hear her speak) her response?
"It's OK. I'm a big girl now."
Her mother thought this was quite funny (privately, of course), and then reminded her that they had agreed she could only use swears after she was 16. (I knew nothing of this deal, I note.)
My darling wife said she could only use swears when she is 16, which will be when she is old enough to drive.
I questioned whether there is a correlation between driving and swearing.  I believe there is.
Now my daughter's lamentation is that 16 is SO far away, not because she's anxious to drive, but because she is anxious to use swear words.
Parenting at it's finest, right her folks.

1 comment: