Tuesday 3 July 2012

Front Yard Project - Part II

I have miscalculated. I knew I needed 22 ft3 to give 2" coverage of mulch/stone in my front yard. Mulch is sold by the ft3. Decorative stone, however, is sold in 18 kg bags. I though I could get reasonable coverage with the same number of bags of stone as I would need as mulch (with stone the 2" coverage isn't quite as necessary.

I was off. By half. That's another $100, and worse, a great deal of lifting.
At least this time, I can go straight from the trunk of the car onto the lawn without taking the much longer trunk/sidewalk/lawn route (I purchased all my materials up front before beginning the project).

Also - anybody have a need for 3 x 8' railway ties? THOSE I overestimated, but they're comparatively dirt cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment